Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nice Day For A White Weekend...

Does taking a spin on a Billy Idol song show my age too much?
Maybe...but I couldn't resist.

In homage to summer I sported white all weekend.
Weekend meaning Friday,Saturday and Sunday.


(A working weekend, I might add.Sigh.)

Not that I have anything against white after Labor Day...
because who doesn't love a nice pair of winter white trousers with a black turtleneck?

But who am I kidding?
I am sooooo over summer clothes right now!
I am antsy to start wearing fall ASAP.

Before I pack away all the summer goodies, I feel I should mention one thing.
As in, "the things I swore I'd live in this summer...and never wore at all!"
Purchases that I made, in part because I thought they were summertime essentials.
Like my big floppy sun hat I bought at JCrew

The purse I thought I could never live another second without....
because it will go with everything....

And last,but not least, the Sigrid Olsen caftan I snatched up during their going out of business sale...
two summers ago, and is getting packed away again with the tags still on it...

On a positive note...at least I could only scrounge up 3 things!

By Monday I was done with the white.

I wore this gray vest I got this summer at The Limited, with a ruffle front blouse and "carrot" pants from NY&Company.
My favorite part?
The pocketwatch I bought my husband almost ten years ago,that has sat in the box in our closet since that very day.
I threaded a long silver chain through it and wore it as a necklace.

He didn't seem all that thrilled with my creativity...
Hmmmmmm.
Maybe I should have asked first...?

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea but seriously I wouldn't last 5 minutes in white let alone a whole weekend so respect to you - you obviously have far less clumsy habits than me!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.