Wednesday, September 9, 2009

the simple black dress

Girls, I know that it has taken me a while to contribute to this blog, but my house is in what I feel to be shambles right know, and there just never seems to be enough time in the day to get anything done. Sorry....

So anyway, all summer I've been debating on whether to purchase a long casual maxi dress. I've seen them on other people and tried them on, but "felt that it really wasn't me". 2 weeks ago I decided to try another one on that I've been eyeing up for quite some time, and loved it. I think it was the best purchase I made all summer! It's a black, simple a-line, spaghetti strap cotton long dress. I wore it on my day off this week to run errands and it was like wearing pajamas, but still stylish, of course!





I wore it with my gold Bandalino slingback tongs, my hair in a ponytail and a black headband. My husband even told me I looked HOT! Today I'm dressing it up a bit and wearing it to work. I put over it a tan knit vest from Limited that I purchased a couple years back (never quite knew how to wear it but this is perfect), a black scarf with bronze and silver lame stripes running through it, bronze filigree earrings and a big ring with an ivory stone (big rings are my favorite accessory much to my husband's displeasure, he HATES them), and black ballerina flats.




I'm so excited because this dress is definitely a look that can be carried through Fall. For a casual day off, I'll probably just throw on my denim jacket from Guess (another great investment, every girl needs a timeless denim jacket)and a pair of flip flops while it's still warm, afterwards ballerinas... or maybe if I feel daring enough my Ed Hardy sneakers. For work I'll pair it with my new grey military jacket that I just purchased from New York & Company and can't wait to wear. To accessorize: either a fun scarf or a chunky statement necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.