Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baby Steps

I have been debating the same article of clothing for months now.

A trend item, if you will.

A trend I have not been able to partake in.

Call it age phobia...

Call it de ja vu...(I spent my youth through the 80's)

Oh, hell...call it whatever you will...but I have not been able to bring myself to wearing a pair of leggings.

It's not that I hate them.

I think they look cute.

When worn appropriately.

Appropriate being the key word!

I see more don'ts than do's unfortunately.

And maybe that is part of my fear.

A few weeks ago, Angela and I wear discussing my fear of leggings.

She thought I was silly.

I thought I was too "stocky" to wear them.

She seemed to think that was sillier.

The other day at work, I discussed it again with someone else.

Who said, quite profoundly:

"I don't see what the big deal is...it's just like wearing tights."

Hmmmmm...

So today I took my first baby step.





I wore them with a long ruffle front blouse and my tuxedo cardigan.

And my most favorite boots from Coach.

I felt extremely comfortable.

And yet semi naked...

But it's all about taking baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.