Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Glass Was Half Full

Today I fully intended to drive to Louis Vuitton and bring my thrift store find and have it authenticated.

Unfortunately, my little one is a little under the weather and an hour drive to satisfy my curiousity would not have been a good mother decision.

So we stayed in and kept things lowkey.

And I got dressed anyway.







Sweater:Limited;Plaid ruffle neck button up and destroyed boyfriend jeans:NY & Company;Tweed ballerina flats:Issac Mizrahi for Target



Am I the only one who misses the Issac line at Target?
I found so many great things there in 2005/2006 that I still wear today...


Being that I was stuck indoors all day, I put together a little accessory I have been envisioning:





On Tuesday, I was cleaning up my attic (it's a walk-in and tends to get dumped on from time to time) and found an old box that held those vintage buttons.

As soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted to sew them into the center of some oversized flowers and make them into pins.



I specifically bought those silk flowers to go with my emerald green cardigan.

I love the color of the cardigan,but it needed something to make it special.

Didn't they come out amazing!!!

I think I'm on a new thrifting obsession...vintage buttons!

Speaking of vintage, my little one begged me to take down an old wooden box we have on a bookshelf in our home office.

It is filled with maritime treasures my grandfather had collected from his youth and adulthood.

He was quite the mariner.

She was amazed by all the trinkets...we have never sorted through these treasures together.

And imagine my surprise when I discovered:





The little anchor will make it's way around my neck while the patches will find a home on something...

I'm thinking my spring will have some nautical undertones...and from what I saw in the Spring 2010 buy review I attended...I'll be right in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.