Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seriously.

Seriously I am pooped.

And I think I am getting too old to deal with this Black Friday / Christmas nonsense.

As I have mentioned, maybe without mentioning, I work in Women's Specialty Apparel Retail.

For a company with over 600 stores nationwide.

And some in Dubai to boot.

Pretty snazzy,eh?

Well, the company decided to run a "Black Friday" promo to reel the customers in.

And reel them in they did.

I spent almost 13 hours yesterday providing crowd control.

Pushing goods to the floor and keeping the register lines organized and expedited.

Oh, and I did it again today too.

Now as I soak my feet in Epsom Salt and drink wine, I wonder:

"Am I getting too old for this crap?"

There was no time for cute outfits, in fact, we have a "dress code" of sorts for holiday.

And I do not love it.

Our dress code is sweaters.

That we sell.

And even though I jazzed mine up with a skinny zebra belt, it is still not something I would bother photographing.

Besides the fact that getting dressed in said outfits at 3 and 4 am does not make me want to take photos either.

Sooo.....

Yes, I adore fashion.

And yes, I love working in this business.

And yes, this weekend has seriously kicked my ass.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! I worked retail for the holidays one holiday season at Restoration Hardware-truth be told-for the 40%off furniture perk. People are CRAZY! I can't imagine 13 hours of it in just one day!!! But as a consumer, I appreciate the crowd control and friendly customer service. Being on your end for just one holiday season makes me appreciate all the hard work you do!! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.