Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dress Code Rebel

We have a holiday dress code of sorts at work.

Which translates to:

The company gives us a extremely large percentage off of some select items and then we wear them on Fridays,Saturdays and Sundays during the Christmas season.

Since of course, no company can force anyone to buy and wear their merchandise, you just have to follow the color palette if you didn't want to buy the designated items.

Bright blue,hot pink and black on top and black on the bottom.

I am less than thrilled with the choices.

So, as I dressed Friday morning for work, I thought...hell, I'll wear all black today, but on my own terms.

And this is what I came up with:








and yes, I am still being lazy and just twisting my hair into a bun again...such a time saver!



So...all black on the bottom?
Check!
Black on the top?
Check!
Freedom to be myself and feel good about what I am wearing today?
Check and Check!!

On my ride home I came up with a twist on Saturday's outfit that too will be a lovely compromise between "item I would never have purchased for myself if I didn't have to" and "I like to look snazzy in my own little way"

Stay tuned.

Pin stripe tuxedo blazer: BCBG,black pleated skirt:dunno,black herringbone tights sequin shirt and cowl neck scarf all Ny & Company,black booties:Style & Co

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.