Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Dressing

It has been a whirlwind weekend for me and today will be no exception.

After I posted on Christmas Eve, we went out and run some last minute errands.







My sweater and l/s tee are from Limited as well as my handbag. I wore my taupe Enzo boots. Look how loved they are:



Christmas morning was very exciting - especially for the kiddies.



We have Christmas breakfast here with my dad and brother.



I wore the Jones scarf I scored the other day and a great satin top I scored at TJ Maxx for only $7.99!!!

Yes, I said $7.99 - not marked down, that was the original ticket price.

It is a fantastic teal color which looks amazing with the maize color of the scarf.





Great gold filigree earrings from Limited. Love these earrings!

After eating too many Christmas cookies and making Ginger Girl's Creme Brulee French Toast for my Christmas breakfast (everyone loved it - thanks for the great recipe Pamela!)

I changed outfits.



I put on my husband's sweats and shrunken tee.

Not very stylish, but oh so comfy!

Yesterday I had to go back to work. I had to get up at 3:30 in the morning to get ready since they wonderful mall decided to open at 6am!

The company I work for is allowing us to wear our brand's jeans until January 9th.

Hooray!!!

I love wearing jeans to work.



And look at this NY & Company lace top - from their Red Label Collection



I saw it in the November issue of Harper's Bazaar. It was styled for a photo shoot - and usually you only see NY & Company merchandise in articles regarding affordable "finds".



Ok, so it was styled for an article titled "Cheap Thrills", and it certainly gave me a "cheap thrill"!

Ticketed at $78.00, I waited until the whole store was 50% off and used a $25.00 off of $50.00 rewards coupon to purchase it. That broke the price of the top to about $27.00 or so!

I love a great bargain!



This morning we have brunch planned at my other brother and sister in law's house.

My sister and husband are up visiting from Dina Gideon's neck of the woods.

Later this afternoon/evening my mom will arrive here from NC.

Hooray!

I only get to see my mom every 3 months or so.

She will stay with us until after the New Year, and since I only have to work M,T and W then get a four day weekend off to spend time with her, it will be a real treat indeed!

Enjoy your last day of the holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!!! I'm glad you liked the French toast!
    I have to get myself at a tj maxx. You always find great things there!!
    Have a good time visiting with your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a great Christmas!I am drooling over that lace blouse....so beautiful! Jeans to work-I bet that is a nice change!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.