Monday, December 21, 2009

House Dresses, Sloth and Other Nonsense

First off, I can't tell you how excited I am for my little Steph!

She has been dying to get engaged...and I'm so happy that her dreams are coming true!!!

2010 will be an exciting year for my gal...

Congrats to you Steph...I love you dearly!

While Steph is all sorts of busy, leading an exciting life, I on the other hand should maybe start shaking it up again myself.

I mean my wardrobe.

For instance, look what I wore today:





The marled sweater and white button up are the only "different" thing I have worn other than my current uniform of leggings and boots.

For a girl who refused to join the legging trend for so long...it's becoming a litle much now, huh?

So...enough!

Time to start putting a little variety back into rotation.

I have been wearing leggings for the comfort.

And there are many other things that I can tuck into my favorite boots.



Like my destroyed skinny jeans.

It's just that leggings are so damn easy!

You know, once you get over that "it feels like I am not wearing pants" thing.

They don't need to be ironed.

It doesn't take much creativity to make an outfit out of them.

And how great is it to get home from work, take off your boots and change your shirt and voila!

You are ready for bed!

Or how with the oversized tops/tunics I wear with them, I can eat as many Christmas cookies as I want and not feel like a stuffed sausage!

Oh goodness...does this mean moo-moo's are the next step???

Will I eventually resort to house dresses, sloth, and other lackadaisical nonsense?

Never!

But my sweater...it is sort of like a house dress, isn't it?!?!

Oh dear...

I swore to myself I would never be a "track suit" Mommy...that I would live my life with fashion before function!

What is happening to me?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. I laughed aloud at your comment about wearing leggins, coming home and just changing your shirt and being ready for bed! SO TRUE! I wore leggings yesterday and contemplated wearing a pair today. It IS so darn easy! But I think I will wear my J.Crew toothpick cords instead. They are only one notch above legging but since they have a zipper, they can count as real pants!
    Although your big sweater and leggings look cute AND comfy! Don't worry, you're not on the tracksuit track yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sweater!! so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.