Thursday, December 31, 2009

Post Christmas Treasures

I tried my damnedest to stay out of the stores and pretend the post Christmas sales were not going on.

Unfortunately for me, last Saturday, my boss and her/our boss came for a visit.

They always ask me to go with them to "shop" the competition.

Which is pretty much just scoping out what sales,traffic and merchandise our competition is offering.

I didn't even grab my wallet let alone handbag as we headed out...I just trailed along with them.

What a mistake/saving grace for me when we discovered that Banana Republic was offering an additional 50% off of sale prices until noon!

We immediately went 3 different ways, with me heading right to the jewelry counter.

My eye was immediately caught by an oversized (I'm such a big bling whore)
"statement" necklace.

I asked to see it...and the saleswoman obliged this walletless shopper.



Marked down to $24.99 with an additional 50% off?!?!?

Yes, please!

Lucky for me, my boss had wandered over to me (I hadn't noticed since I am crow-like when I see something shiny) and leaned over and said "Get it...I'll pay for it and you can pay me back later."

Really?!?!?!

Is she not the Best Boss Ever?

Along with calling me Tuesday eve and telling me that instead of rolling over the 7 hours I had left of personal time from 2009, why wouldn't I just take off Wed (yesterday) and be off until next Monday?

I am seriously planning to get her the World's Best Boss mug for next Christmas.



So I got my necklace...and managed to avoid buying anything at JCrew or any apparel at Banana for that fact.

I cracked at work when I was able to use an additional % off coupon my boss gave me in my Christmas card (oh and did I mention what she got me for a Christmas present? No? Only a Coach wristlet. Yes...I said ONLY A COACH WRISTLET. See, I told you she was cool.)

Along with the deep promotional discounts going on, I was able to get an additional 50% at work too.

I picked up a pair of dark rinse skinny jeans for only $9.99 and after my whole unhappiness with my denim washed jeans I need a pair that can work with a dressier top.

Someone returned a tunic that I had bought in an XS but really wanted the Small so I would feel more comfy wearing it with leggings, and as I haven't worn the XS yet, I am able to return it so I bought the small and ended up getting it for about $6 less than when I paid for the other.

Win-win.

And then I bought this:



Don't you just love it?



I love the contrast of the blue gingham with the bright orange.

I fell in love with the gingham when it arrived for early spring, and always loved the bright cardi.

I was able to resist until the markdowns came.

The cardigan came to $7.49 and the gingham button up (which is 3/4 sleeve) came to $9.99.

As to how many times I will wear them, I am not sure...but if you break down the prices to cost per wear...seriously, how could I have not?



I am thinking with my dark destroyed boyfriend jeans...

And now you see why it is so difficult to keep my money in my wallet where it belongs!

Happy New Year Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you really got your money's worth. And everyone should have a boss like yours. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that cardigan! I think i've tried on a different color. Wow I can't believe it was soo cheap! great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is gorgeous! And I've been drooling over that gingham shirt for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mini check gingham! It's too cute. and paired with the cardgian-it's so great together. You're boss sounds great! My supervisor gave me a $12 gift card to Baker's Square. it's the thought that counts, right??

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.