Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jacket Required

I had some time to kill yesterday morning since I didn't have to be at work until 1:30.

Of course I went to my favorite thrift store.

As soon as I walked in, Jen, the lovely English woman who runs it headed over to the racks.

Pulling little treasures she knew I would appreciate one by one.




Trina Turk cardi and stripe "sailor" top $10 each





Alexander McQueen pencil skirt $15




Banana Republic merino crewneck sweater with puffed shoulder $7


Talbots chartreuse cotton cardi $5


Ralph Lauren camel toggle front cardi $10


Vintage quilted chain strap bag (real leather, unmarked) $3


Oscar de la Renta vinyl stripe bag $5


Enzo Angiolini brand new pumps $15

And this:





This vintage jacket I have stared at the last few times I have been in.

But how many times will I wear it?

Will I ever wear it?

For only $15 why am I even debating?

I bought the Ralph Lauren sweater and chain strap bag and a fab pair of earrings.

And I asked Jen to hold the pink jacket.

When I showed Angela the pictures she said, "Are you crazy? That jacket is great!"

So I called Jen and she is holding it for me until Tuesday when I am off again and can pick it up.

And if the Oscar bag is still there...I'll pick that up too.

Jacket most definitely required!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow! What great deals!! I love the pink Trina Turk striped top! You always find great things. I can't wait to see you in the jacket!!! It looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Trina Turk top had a stain on it, or else I would have bought it.

    They get the most amazing things in there...going there is my new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okayy...black chain bag is a MUST so is the oscar de la renta vinyl bag but the pink jacket...noo0o0ooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I know I'm just your mother but after reading about how horrified my darling granddaughter was over you living in the 80's. I can't wait to see what she would think of the pink jacket. Even I went ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.