Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quandry

My managers all chipped in this Christmas and gave me a $150 gift card to one of my favorite places.

JCrew...duh!

I immediately thought I would save it for spring/summer merchandise.

I actually tucked it away and forget all about it until yesterday when the January catalog arrived in the mail.

Damn you mailman....preying on my weakness!!!

In about 5 minutes...I was in love.

With this:



The Sweeping Ruffles Shirt for $98.

I went online to look at it some more and saw that there is free shipping on orders of $150 or more.

Since the shirt is $98, I knew I would have to push it over the mark and get the free shipping.

So yesterday and today I have been trolling around their site off and on trying to find something else I want, need or simply must have.

The more I looked, the more I started to question if I really wanted to spend 2/3 of my giftcard on a white button up shirt.

Will I wear it?

Absolutely.

Can I come up with an outfit for it instantly? (One of my self measures when shopping - if I can't immediately think of something I would wear with an item I try to resist the purchase)

Ummm...about 5!?!?!

But then I saw this:



The Silk Taffeta Ruffle Wrap Dress on sale for $99 with the extra 20% off final sale.

A cool $80?

I took a closer look...

Only available in chocolate in size 4...but would look great with gold strappy heels and a tan...my sister and Angela will be having summer baby showers...2 occasions off the top of my head I can think of...

OK. Click.

Now you are in my shopping bag.

Then I came across this:



The Wool Ruffle Shift on sale for $79.99 then an extra 20%.

Hmmm...timeless...classic in black...2 baby showers...oh and the older of my two brothers got engaged this past week, so maybe an engagement party?

Not a lot of hemming and hawing and I dumped that one in my shopping cart as well.

Too bad I was $6 short to hit the free shipping.

What's a girl to do?

Why, she adds a basic staple to that shopping cart:



The 5" Destroyed Chino in white for only $14.99 then that glorious 20%.

My whole giftcard was used and then I added a miniscule $5.97 of my own dough.

Not too shabby, eh?

I feel great that I got 3 fab dresses (sweet lord, please let them fit right!) that I know will be with me for quite some time...

And if they don't fit, I will surely be crying about that in just under a weeks time!!

Don't forget to enter our JCrew necklace giveaway...ends on Friday!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great picks from J. Crew... :)

    Love & Aloha, S
    www.elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the white shirt on. I think it looks great. What a fun new take on a wardrobe staple. That taffetta wrap dress is beautiful too! What great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did the right thing. That top is pretty, but totally expensive for what it is. I bet you'll score it on sale. :)

    Justine

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look like great choices!

    Can you post on the wool ruffle shift when you get it? I've had my eye on it ever since it came out in the first catalog, but worry about the length - I'm 5'10" and short-shinned. TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your affirmations!

    Justine...exactly why I waited! And I agree, that one will hopefully be on sale!

    I will review the shift when I get it Heidi - thanks for stopping by, and I checked out your blog and joined your club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. definition of a shopaholic...hmmm i have a $75 gift card to jcrew...i wonder what i can find...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.