Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Awarded!

What a pleasant surprise to log online ysterday morning and see that one of my bestie blog friends, Pamela over at Ginger Girl had given us girls the Happy 101 Award!

Thanks Pam!!!

Pam was one of the first regular visitors to our humble little blog always leaving sweet comments. In fact, Steph and I journeyed over to the Jersey Shore House really in part because I knew Pam would get such a kick out of seeing us standing in front of it. Pam is definitely someone who makes me happy!

Now, I must share with you 10 things that make me happy...so...in no particular order, here we go:

1. My kids. Even when my 7 year old walks in on me getting out of the shower (yesterday) and says things like, "Gosh Mom, you have a really huge butt!" Against my better judgement, I still love her anyway!

2. My hubby. We have been together 10 years this year and married 9. There is no one else in this world I would want to grow old with - and I knew the first time we kissed that he was my "lobster". He faithfully reads my two blogs almost everyday even though he is not a fan of reading in general. That's devotion!

3. Fashion, obviously. I mean, I wouldn't be here if I didn't. And take a look, will you, at how long I have loved fashion:



Rocking socks with clogs in the late 70's - I fought my mom tooth and nail to buy me those clogs - and I won!!!



Sporting colored (purple!) skinny jeans and graphic tees in the early 80's - so my t-shirt says NJ Bell...bet I was the only kid sporting one which means "individualistic" or "fashion maverick" ok, maybe not!



Layering 2 button ups, collars popped and double layered bead necklaces?!?!? I rocked at Disney in the mid 80's!!!

4. Other bloggers and blogging in general. I'm not a super sappy gal, but I really do heart you all!

5. Routine. I'm a total OCD, control freakish sorta person and schedule and routine in my daily life are integral to my mental health. Weird, I know.

6. Thrift stores. Another woman's trash is definitely my treasure.

7. Maine. My favorite place to be with my family. Cannot wait to live there, just need my oldest to graduate high school. 3 more years and counting...

8. Gin and Tonic. Yum Yum Yum. Make it Bombay Sapphire or Hendrickson's and I'm in heaven.

9. The Office. I love you Jim Halpert! And Michael Scott, you remind me every day of what not to do as the boss!

10. Getting new issues of my favorite magazines in the mail. It's like Christmas morning when my new Vogue, Harper's etc. arrive!

There you have it.
I could continue, but I am only supposed to name 10.

Now here are 10 bloggers I am tagging in return:

Justine at Fetching Fashions - another one of my first bloggy friends!

Heidi at Head to Toe With Heidi

LuLu Shopaholic

Amy Kelinda at kelinda.Kelinda

KellyAnn at I Borrowed Your Silver Boots

Amber from Amber's Notebook

Cloggsy at English Tea

Natalie at Fashion,Food and Other Assorted Frivolity

Melina at Modespots

Dina Gideon at My Superfluities

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Elanor!! It's been fun to meet all these bloggies, I totally agree with you there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were looking AWESOME at Disney, haha! Also, congrats on 10 years of marriage and the wonderful kiddos! And I share your love of gin and tonic. MMMMMMMM... Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.