Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Like A Kangaroo












I adore my boyfriend jeans, but have struggled this winter to find weather appropriate shoes to wear with them.

On Friday I had to go into NYC for a meeting in the design department of work's corporate headquarters. As I strolled through the department, one of the girls who works there walked past me wearing the same dark wash destroyed boyfriends I own, with sneakers and a blazer.

Looked adorable!

Now, I am not much of a sneaker girl, I only own a pair of North Face for working out, and that is about it.

Then I remembered that in the deep, dark, depths of my closet were a pair of sneakers I had totally forgotten about.

My Kangaroos!

Aside from there being an awesome song by This Mortal Coil also called Kangaroo, I bought these sneakers about 6 years ago and loved them to death for the longest time.

But since I am always "dressed" more for work than play, I had forgotten all about them.

I have too many errands to run today to wear a blazer, but I layered a big cowl neck with a gingham button up and a hat because I am too lazy to do my hair.

sneakers:kangaroos of course!
jeans and button up: ny&co
sweater: limited
hat: gap
And yes, those are all cookbooks in that bookcase....I have over 300 of them....I love cookbooks as much as I love thrifting!

5 comments:

  1. Omg!! Too cute! Do they have those zippered pockets on the shoe!! I luv them! Actually, I luv the whole look. It looks perfect for running around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam!
    They sure do have those cute little zip pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look on you, Eleanor. It's super-cas but you look cool and put-together. The pop of color (and collar!) is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa!
    I always pop my collars...it's like my trademark or something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is adorable! Comfy yet chic!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.