Monday, February 1, 2010

Swashbuckler





Today I wore yet another thrift shopping find.

This oversized black blouse, which is actually a size 14, but as soon as I saw it, I knew that styled the right way it could be a great dress.

I tried it with a thick, black tweed belt that cinches right in the middle of my waist.

Nope.

Too much cinch for such a gauzy fabric.

Tried it with a thick black leather belt with silver studs.

Nope.

Too much black and the studs made me look like I was trying to be 16 again and going to CBGB's.

Then I grabbed a silver chain belt, bloused the top out around it and went to inspect myself in the mirror.

I looked like a pirate.

Unfortunately, I was doing all this "experimenting" this morning, with not a lot of extra time to get to work.

I quickly remembered this sweater vest hanging one of the closets.

Despite me initially thinking I was going to look a little too "boho" for my taste, I think it worked out just fine.

And I didn't look like a swashbuckling pirate all day.

shirtdress:thrifted
boots:coach
sweater vest:ny&co
seed beaded necklace:limited
leggings:ny&co (and they are stirrups - I love 80's style!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.