Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Great Minds Think Alike







I laughed out loud when I saw this outfit on Steph the other day.




Because I was planning on wearing it today to a meeting I had scheduled.

Well, my version anyway.

I know that people say that high waisted, pleated trousers only look good on certain body types.

And I partially agree with that.

I am only 5'1 (and a 1/2!) and I have a curvy figure. Both should be reasons to avoid these type pants.

However, I love the look of a high waisted pant, and add some pleats and a tapered leg and you have created the perfect pants in my eyes.

And I am willing to forget that some things only look good on certain people...I think this works out just fine,no?

I have been loving anything that falls of my shoulder lately and this sweater is no exception. I can't wait to wear it with white chinos this summer. Maybe wide leg linen ones...


sweater and trouser:ny & company
studded belt:express

booties: style & co

5 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetheart! xxxxx sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants look great on you! I love the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the laid back, yet very put-together feel of this outfit!

    Regarding the anchor top on my blog/etsy one of you ladies inquired about....thank you for asking when it will be posted!! I completely forgot to put the days up (I do one listing a day)! It will be posted Friday afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for those high waisted pants!! Short, curvy - it matters not - you have the right proportions for them and they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love the accidental outfit twinning! You both look fabulous! And whether or not the high waisted pants SHOULD work on you, they DO work on you! They definitely don't work on me, but you rock them!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.