Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch Part 2








This faux fur vest and I have been in love since the moment we laid eyes on each other.

It fully understood why I would not open my wallet for it, being that it was ticketed at $130.00.

So it just hung there on the rack waiting patiently me.

And when it went on clearance for $9.99 and I had a coupon as well...it came home with me for the unbelievable price of $2.94.

Yes, this is a true story.

This was the first time I wore it. I don't wear my fur pieces a lot since somewhere along the line I raised a PETA kid who whimpers and whines when I wear fur.

She clearly does not follow the motto "Fashion before function" like her mother does!

And also does not believe that chicken nuggets are made from chickens.

Selective activism, I suppose.

The sailor jeans I am wearing were purchased a year or two ago.

I spent more having them altered then I spent on the actual pant itself!

Something about a "California hem" or some nonsense....I should reinvest in a sewing machine...when I was a single mom I sold mine at a flea market because to make ends meet I occasionally parted with things that I did not need.

Who knew years later I would regret it and spend a fortune on alterations?

All in all I love this look...sophisticated, yet chic with an array of necklaces haphazardly thrown on.

And if I wouldn't have to listen to a whimpering, Bindi the Jungle Girl, I may actually wear it more often!

fur vest & jeans: ny&company
button up: limited
boots: bandolino
jewelry: thrifted

6 comments:

  1. what a cute vest!! i love the fur vest look. and only $2.94!! what a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that vest!!!!! What an awesome deal! It looks so great on you. Definately takes the outfit to the next level! And the price!?? Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute! But why is she whimpering about it when it's a faux fur vest? I mean, she can't really be concerned about all those faux rabbits that are faux skinned to make the vest, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with this too, and that deal is CRAZY. You lucky girl!!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.