Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Ship's A Sail, Can You Hear It's Tender Frame?









Maybe it's because I have lived my whole life either a few blocks or a few miles from the ocean, but I adore so many nautically inspired things.
Whether it be apothecary jars filled with seashells in the summer, shades of coral red in home decor, or adorable little galvanized pails in summer colors, once Memorial Day arrives I add these touches to our home.
I can never say "no" to navy and white stripe tees, make them 3/4 sleeves and I am in heaven.
Nothing says "classic" like a palette of navy, white and khaki.
Clean,crisp and oozes of summer at the beach.

Naturally, as soon as I spotted this tee I had to make it mine.

I have been dying to wear it but held off until the weather was warmer.

And then I found these vintage YSL pumps last Friday thrifting, and voila! An outfit was born!

I love the shoulder detail on the tee, it was well done.

Sometimes embellishments strike me as "cheesy", this one made the cut.

These slim leg ankle pants will get their fair share of wear this summer as will this gorgeous necklace I thrifted on Tuesday.

To tie it all together?

A big mustard color satchel, of course!

nautical tee: ny&company
ankle pants: ny&company
heels: YSL
necklace: thrifted
embossed satchel: coach
bracelets: jcrew

5 comments:

  1. Very nice finds! Love the embellishments. So purdy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that tee is too cute! Did you get it recently? I love this overall look, so don't be too surprised when you see me copying it, haha! I hear you on the ocean love. I live about 45 minutes away from the Gulf (which admittedly is brown and not very nice) but I love knowing that it's there. I can't imagine living in a landlocked state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, the closest breeze from the water comes to me via Lake Michigan and sometimes it's kinda nasty and smells like dead fish.
    But something about white and navy in the springtime says clean and fresh. I love the yellow bag. What a cool pop of color. Those shoes are AWESOME! I recently purchased a pair of cropped narrow leg khakis and cannot wait until it gets just a bit warmer to break them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!
    Amy-The top is actually 50% off now at NY&Co! What a steal! I,however, couldn't resist and bought it at ticket...sometimes patience is a virtue,eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm, could I love your top more?? I also love all things nautical. Guess maybe it does have something to do with living near the water my whole life!? There's some East Coaster seafaring in my blood even though I never lived out there...

    anyhow, such a cute outfit! Amazing find on those YSL pumps. Cue jealousy...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.