Saturday, April 24, 2010

Home For The Weekend





What a day I had yesterday!
I had to go into work until about 12, 1ish then off to the airport so I can spend the weekend here at home.
Now that I can wear jeans to work, I feel like my closet has opened up with infinite possibilities.
There are so many things that I can make work with jeans ~ things I haven't worn in a long time suddenly seem new and fresh.
The jobs I have had have required me to dress up, so dressing casually takes more thought and effort ~ and has ultimately made me feel like I have a whole new wardrobe!
I haven't worn this navy ruffle jacket since last year, but paired with a sequin tee, boyfriend jeans and ballerinas made it feel like I was wearing a brand new item!
Comfort was the key since I would be traveling, and ballerina flats work better for dragging luggage through an airport.
My flight wasn't until early evening, but I had to go earlier since my co worker's flight was about an 1 1/2 before mine.
Imagine my dismay when my plane arrived and they discovered a dent on the underbelly by the cargo hold.
After a 3 hour delay, they finally got us a new plane and we arrived back in NJ after 11pm. I didn't get home until 1am since the airport is not right by my house.
At least I am home!
And I get all day today and tomorrow before it's back to St.Louis on Monday!
ruffle jacket & bauble bracelet:jcrew
sequin tee:ny&co
boyfriend jeans:express
ballerinas:anne klein

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, love the "header" made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.