Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!









Since 2007, my husband and I have held an annual Cinco de Mayo party.
The house is full of children running around playing, while the adults indulge in a variety of drinks and conversation.

I arrived home from St.Louis very late Friday night, so this year I needed to simplify it a little. There was no time for my homemade Chicken Enchilada's or anything too complicated.

It was a good thing that the husband found these Mexican Hot Dogs on the Travel Channel. We offered these bacon wrapped heart-attacks-in-a-bun alongside some plain hot dogs for the kids and of course, a taco bar. A Margherita Melon Salad was the perfect side for the almost 90 degree day...but no kids allowed to sample this one! Spiked with tequila and cointreau...it was definitely "adult's only"!

Some sipped on Corona and Sol, myself and most of the ladies preferred Limeade Slushies made with Bacardi...prepared by my personal mixologist and resident grill master...my husband!

It is so much fun to throw themed parties!
Everyone loves playing along with the theme...from the men showing up in their finest mustaches in years past, to ladies in their finest festival frocks to this year's lovely hostess gifts like bottles of Patron and bouquets of southwestern inspired flowers.
I look forward to the next party...maybe a clambake this summer???

3 comments:

  1. HOW CUTE! I wish I could come to your themed parties, haha! I agree that themed parties are a lot of fun and it's a great excuse to try things you normally wouldn't try! A summer clambake sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures depict such a fun time at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OLE!

    Yum! Everything looks and sounds delish!!! I love the sombreros, too! I'm totally trying the Margarita Melon Salad for our next cook out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.