Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Incessant Inspiration ~ JCrew

Sometimes a girl just has no clue what to wear.
I've already shared how I retain any kinds of inspirational catalog and magazine pages for those times when I am in outfit crisis mode.
Like today...
Today my new boss had scheduled a "coffee chat" with my new team. A chance for them to ask me questions about myself and vice versa. A chance to break the ice before I walk through the door officially in charge.
I wanted a nice blend of casual but "I put some effort into this outfit".
Too bad my brain wasn't cooperating.
Out came the binders and it wasn't long before I spotted these old JCrew tearouts:


And that is how I re-created it.

They are so very clever, aren't they???

Tomorrow?
It's back to the binders!

tweed jacket: bcbg
tee & jeans: express
shoes: bandolino
bangle: charlotte russe

1 comment:

  1. Great recreation! I like looking in older j.crew catalogs for outfit ideas. The newer ones are a bit over the top with layering for me. I think you did a great job catching the spirit of this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.