Friday, May 14, 2010

Mixology







My brain started working again yesterday!

I think it is because of this polka dot moment I am experiencing.

A few weeks ago in St.Louis, besides the interest in polka dots kicking in full gear, I wore this ensemble:


It was one of those outfits that just felt right.
Was it the combination of sequins,gingham and pinstripes...or the overall comfort of a nice baggy boyfriend jean?
After layering it on again yesterday, this time mixing polka dots,lace and the same pin stripe blazer, I would have to say that it is definitely the mix of pattern and texture that gives me the warm fuzzies.
The contrast of such structured pieces gone awry with a bunch of necklaces haphazardly thrown on and an oversized,destroyed jean became perfection in my eyes.
As to not cut off my already short,stubby legs, I opted for a nude pump to fool the eye.


Did it work?

jacket:ny & co
blouse:limited
Lace tank:ny & co
jeans:express
heels:nine west
necklaces:3 separate from ny & co

1 comment:

  1. I do think that the nude pumps work! I think you pull off the blazer + boyfriend jeans look really well. Like I said before, it's a great balance of chic and casual!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.