Friday, May 28, 2010

She Giveth And She Taketh




On Wednesday morning I stopped by one of my favorite thrift shops to drop off a bag of stuff.
I had watched Hoarders on Monday night while laying in bed with the hubs and got a slight feeling of anxiety when I compared my quantities of clothing and accessories to these people.
My stuff is neat and organized, with the exception of a few items I can't find room for.
And that's what gave me the anxiety.

Could that be me someday???

I cleaned and organized kids rooms and my attic on Tuesday afternoon and really tried to edit down some of the masses.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself.

Wednesday I ran the bag in, never even taking off my sunglasses.
As I placed it on the floor in the backroom, Jen, the wonderful woman that manages the shop said "Check out the racks. I have Dolce and Gabbana, Christian Dior, Zac Posen and Burberry out there."

You know what I did, right?
I mean, I don't have to explain how I first searched the dress rack, then moved onto the...because you just know how I am.

I found an animal print knit vneck top by D&G and this orange silk shell by Christian Dior.

I passed on the Burberry (a polo shirt) and skipped the bottoms racks entirely since truth be told, I was on my way to a 1st grade picnic.

This blazer is similar to a JCrew one that was sold very recently. Yet mine was a fraction of the price.
I knew the shell would look great with the silk scarf I use as a belt in the summertime.

Oh, and I just won an ebay auction for a great blouse from MouseVox Vintage.

Maybe I will be a hoarder after all.

blazer: ny&co
shell: christian dior
jeans: express
shoes: nine west
silk scarf: ?
bracelets: jcrew and assorted bangles
coral ring: jcrew

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this look. It is great. I definitely see this look with the scarf in my future!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.