Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer Dressing








Last summer I purchased a few tunics at JCrew and lived in them almost daily. Paired with chinos, bermuda shorts, skinny ankle pants...you name it, and those tops went with everything.
Wearing them put a lot of my belts to good use as well. Worn bloused out over them...it looked and felt carefree.
Like summer should feel.

I bought this denim tunic this winter. Right after the holidays when the first peek of spring begins to hit the stores.
Looking at it, I knew it had possibilities...but it is definitely a love it or hate it top.
Personally, I love it.
And have been dying to wear it.

I wore this to work on Saturday where I had the most surreal experience.
An adorable young woman asked me if I was Shopping The Closet!
It took me by surprise so much that I felt like I was stumbling over my words.
It made me feel great to meet someone who reads this blog!
Especially since she was lovely and sweet.
So Kat, I would love to give you the names and addresses of the thrift/consignment stores I frequent, just email me at eleanor111173@hotmail.com!
It was so lovely to meet you!

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.
As for me, I have only today off...it is back to work tomorrow!

tunic,chino's and belt: ny&co
thong heels: ralph lauren
bangles: jcrew
ring: charlotte russe

4 comments:

  1. That belt is great. Congratulations on being recognised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great belt and great overall look! I found you from Emma's blog, and I so agree on being jealous of UK weather. I am in Nor. CA and it's getting HOT and will only get hotter.
    How cool to be recognized from your blog--that rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my first tunic from JC this year and agree it's the epitome of carefree dressing.

    Wow, I bet it must have been such a surprise for you to be recognized from your blog - how fun!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.