Monday, May 10, 2010

What's Old Is New Again






This dress is literally from the archives of my closet.
My former mother inlaw bought it for my birthday one year...I have been with my husband (who is not her son) for 10 years now...so you do the math.
It didn't fit me for the past few years...too much wine and good eats. But I have been diligent since January 1st this year (without denying myself too badly) and it fits again!
Hooray!
I am still loving polka dots right now.
I love how this jaquard jacket I thrifted looks with the polka dots.
The weather has turned quite cold again, so some footless tights were in order.
I wore a yellow wedge that is getting close to the decade mark as well.
The plus side to having copious amounts of clothing and shoes?
You never really wear anything out...so you get to keep them for years and years and years...

ancient polka dot dress: limited
jaquard jacket: banana republic (thrifted)
bracelet: ny&co
wedges: tommy hilfiger

4 comments:

  1. What a great jacket - I actually had it a few years ago but sold it on Ebay - now you're making me regret getting rid of it. Sigh, isn't that just like fashion? And people?

    Regardless, you look chic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on fitting into that dress again! That's a great accomplishment! The little polka dots are absolutely sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous! Good for you for being so disciplined! I love when get back into shape and have a closet full of goodies waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
    Especially since I just polished off a delicious eclair from my favorite local bakery.

    Jillian Michaels, I'll meet you at 4:30 tomorrow morning for my daily butt-kicking.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.