Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Clean & Crisp















There is no denying my love for the clean and crisp fabrics of summer.
I am a contradiction in terms with my very traditionally preppy heart and bad-ass rocker soul.
However odd that is, I cannot walk away from the perfection of a blue and white stripe, be it in linens or a vintage dress.

I found this dress at Goodwill months ago.
Off it went to the tailor to be shortened and more "modernized".
This is no perfect fit...the dress is about 8 sizes too big, but belted and bloused on top...layered with an essential white ribbed tank...it stripes my heart with happiness.

dress: goodwill
belt: ny & co
napkins: homegoods

6 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress on you, and it is great how you made it work and saw its potential on the rack.

    Looks like your legs have turned burn back into a rad tan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look and the horizontal lines of the stripes against the vertical in the neckline. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress and a great length on you. Fresh look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa ~ Thanks! I am more tan this summer than I have been in years and years. And yes, I know it is very very bad for me, but you didn't think I could live here and not have a little teensy bit of Jersey Shore in me now???

    Kristie ~ I never even realized that...but once you pointed it out I was like, "Wow,I'm a natural stylist at heart!"
    Or not!

    Mara ~ Thanks so much for stopping by! No one can deny that fabrics like this are the quintessential summer fabric!

    Stylestance ~ When I actually took it to the tailor, I just folded up the bottom and took a guess at length (I know, $18 for hemming and I guessed at it...not always really thorough in everything I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this dress! good find! It looks so good with that sunkissed skin of yours!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily ~ I am ridiculously sun kissed this summer and when I am old and my skin resembles leather I shall recall your sweet comment and smile at how it looked so good once upon a time!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.