Monday, July 5, 2010

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

After arriving home late Saturday evening from Ocean City, we were up again early Sunday morning and left the shore to head up to northwestern NJ to Lake Hopatcong.
My brother bought a home there back in February and due to our hectic schedules, we hadn't even seen it yet!
We arrived just in time for lunch.




Pasta salad, cold drinks and crabcake sliders hit the spot after a nearly 2 hour drive.
My sister in law to be is a great cook!
We hung around enjoying their company all day, bbq'd for dinner, then headed out for an evening walk around Lake Hopatcong (which is really a lake!).
All I could bear to wear in these near 100 degree temps was a sleeveless linen top with crochet detail and seersucker shorts.

The views of the lake from their neighborhood are just gorgeous!


Obviously we had to take the opportunity for a family photo in front of such a backdrop.


I found my dream house along the way.
How convenient it would be to be neighbors with my brother!
I also found a place to send the kids when they are misbehaving.

We spent the night and headed home this morning to take a deep breath and spend a day relaxing.
Whew!
It has been a busy week!
shorts: limited
linen top w/ crochet detail: ny&co

6 comments:

  1. oooh, I like that when the kids are naughty they can't get out! YIKES!

    It looks like a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam ~ Thanks! Yes, the kids were eerily quiet as we walked past...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks YUM and Summer Ale - super-yum. Seafood and Americana makes me miss those NE summers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the posts this week! What a wonderful staycation. I saw that you are coming to Boston in September! Keep me posted on the dates. Would love to meet up.

    Great series of posts again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! I just became a follower. Feel free to follow me too :)

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    http://prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa ~ The food was amazing! And don't even get me started on New England because as Sarah well knows, it makes my heart ache to think about how much I love that place!

    Sarah ~ It was a great week and totally ironic that you ended up in Duxbury...my aunt and her husband were telling me how they almost moved there!I will definitely be in touch about our Sept trip to Boston!

    Pretty Pauper ~ Thanks for the comment and joining in the fun...I'm off to check out your blog....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.