Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let The Games Begin!

Today being July 1st is the official start of my shopping ban.

I actually am feeling pretty solid about this, and here is why.

Yesterday partly in preparation for this, I coerced my children into going to my most favorite shopping center in all of NJ. I had a $25 off of $50 reward to Pottery Barn, and I figured I would peek in and see if there wasn't some delightful summer decor I could add to my collection.

I ended up buying 6 Emma dinner plates in a most gorgeous sea blue color


(to be mixed and matched with my enormous collection of salad plates) with said coupon.

The kids and I stopped into Francesca's Collections and Williams Sonoma and both times I walked out empty handed.

We headed into JCrew, which was offering an additional 20% off of all sale prices!

Disaster!

Actually not, I wasn't enticed by anything I saw for myself and bought my daughter a Crewcuts navy tank dress with a silk skirted bottom for only $20!

At the register, I was flipping through the containers of sale jewelry and spotted a gorgeous ring for only $24!

I added it on to my purchase, but all in all, that was all I bought for myself.

This leads me to believe that I can really do this!

After The Grove, we headed into Little Silver, NJ (literally around the corner) to my favorite little grocery.
I go crazy in little shops like this, tempted by gorgeous local produce, artisan baked goods and a bevvy of offerings a foodie like myself cannot resist.
4th of July weekend means the start of Jersey corn, so I grabbed half a dozen ears to have with dinner, which was thin, sliced, leftover London broil on fresh ciabatta rolls with baby spinach and sharp cheddar cheese. I could have pressed them on my panini grill, but instead I wrapped them tightly in foil and baked to melty perfection.
Summer should be executed with ease...who wants to stand around a hot panini grill?
Anyway, Jersey corn is so amazing, I could just eat ear after ear as a meal on its own!

My sunburn is still killing me, but in comparison to Tuesday, I felt a million times better.
But I still couldn't bear to have anything touching my legs.





I paired this rosette button up (again, haven't worn in like a year!) with this polka dotted cami.
I told you how I cannot bear air conditioning,(mine is jacked up to like 80 in this house...heehee...no one has noticed yet!)so for me to wear a long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve with shorts is perfect.
And I cannot stop wearing white bottoms and these flip flops lately...I have convinced myself that white and silver makes my legs look less red!

button up and cami: limited
shorts: jcrew
sunglasses: adrienne vittadini
belt and flip flops: ny&co
bracelet and ring: Tiffany
diamond necklace and earrings: gifts from hubs (he's a great jewelry shopper!)

1 comment:

  1. That' a great outfit! Love the rosette blouse and the flip flops. Your sunburn looks really painful. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.