Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer In Review ~ My Favorite Ensembles



Now that the air is starting to change and thoughts of sweaters and boots are forefront in my mind I thought it was high time to revisit the summer and my favorite outfits.

I was pretty good about sticking to my plan of no shopping all of July and August.
I bought some things with the extra discount at work, and cracked when I found a pair of suede Coach heels a few weeks ago (for under $40!).
But other than that, I have been really well behaved!

All in all, I wore quite a few things that have been hanging there unused and formerly unnoticed.
It reminded me why I bought these items in the first place.
And that in the hustle and bustle of life, sometimes it is good to just stop and appreciate what we have instead of waiting and focusing on what's next.
I mean that in more ways than one.

A few weeks ago I was wishing and praying that summer would never end.
Now the thought of putting on my bathing suit and lugging the cooler and beach bag and chair down to the beach no longer appeals to me.
I am all "burger-ed" out and am longing to eat stew, chili, risotto's and meats braised for hours filling my home with the delightful smell of fall's arrival.

This summer has been fabulous.
I spent more time at the beach this year than I have in the past few years actually living on the beach for a full week!
We visited so many places around NJ and spent time with old friends and new friends and relatives we don't see often.

Fancy vacations are always nice, but sometimes just staying home is just as good.

7 comments:

  1. I'm still debating on wether i want fall or not (not that it will make a difference either way!) I think because this summer went by so quickly and because I put on my new bathing suit only ONCE. (yeah went swimming ONCE this summer.. in a pool for like 45 minutes... after dark.) so im dreading for it to end.

    I am excited for my boots and snow and fun outdoorsy stuff like skating and builing snowmen.
    Winter just lasts FOR EVER here.cold and snow. that recap is a good idea, i might steal this idea :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily ~ Steal away my friend, steal away :)
    Each month brings something new and exciting, Sept back to school for the kiddos, October Halloween and our annual halloween extravaganza,November Thanksgiving means cooking an amazingly huge meal, of course December = Christmas, and I love January for it's quiet and calm and that everything starts fresh with no mistakes in it!
    Come March I will be pining away for summer once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, you know why? Because it means if it's getter cooler where you are, that it will soon be warmer here!

    It sounds like you've had a fabulous summer, and it's been filled with fabulous outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the music playing on your site.

    i love all your outfits, they are each so unique and stylish. you have such a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post. One of my goals has been to shop my closet, but I keep breaking down and buying more clothes. My "excess" runneth over, way over! Kudos to you on your shopping ban for July August. Plus, I love to read your thoughts and feelings as they help me to clarify my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corinne ~ It is kind of weird being on separate climates with such a kindred spirit as yourself!

    Pamela ~ Thanks! This particular song is one of my faves from my high school years. I had my son YouTube it a few weeks ago thinking he would like it too, and you know what? He did! It now resides on his iPod! Such a proud mother moment for me....

    Anonymous ~ Wow...thanks so much for such a kind comment!
    I don't know about you, but the "excess" had just started to get on my nerves...once you are out of space, out of hangers, and almost out of money, it makes you rethink things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "Summer in review"! It's such a great idea! :0)

    --Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.