Thursday, September 9, 2010

Classic Trends








There are some things I will always love and wear whether or not the fashion world finds them currently fashionable.
Camel is one of them.
You can only begin to imagine my delight when the industry has decided it is "chic" and "of the moment", because to me, camel is timeless, classic and exudes sophistication.

For a full day of meetings today, I paired a vintage camel wool blazer with an oversized linen button up and drawstring ankle fatigue-like pants.
Much like a neutral, a super sexy studded platform goes with just about everything.

blazer: vintage evan piccone
linen button up: express
pants: ny&co
heels: marc fisher
cocktail ring: vintage

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos! love this look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! These look like they belong in a fashion magazine spread.

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like a magazine spread!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!
    Not too shabby for balancing my camera on a Mr.Potato Head box, huh?

    Lol...I don't usually travel with Mr.Potato Head, I was donating him at a philanthropy event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockin Classic outfit! Can't wait till you all come to Boston and I can shoot you street blog style! Keep me posted on your trip. I do have a bit of work travel (and a little fun), but hopefully our paths will cross on your potential Beantown trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great classic look
    http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah ~ Thanks! It would have been this weekend but my daughter is now playing soccer which monopolizes every Saturday from now til Thanksgiving. But we are still coming....eventually!!! I will definitely keep you posted because I was counting on meeting up!

    Miranda ~ Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this looks like a shoot, you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Manecoarse ~ Thanks!

    Arushi ~ Wow! That's the nicest thing I've heard today!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so chic and beautiful and I wish you and your beautiful son all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit. I totally agree with the camel blazer. I just got one from Theory (on sale of course) and am LOVING it!

    You look stunning.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marcie ~ Thank you so much! What a score...I have always had a soft spot for Theory.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.