Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fashion Week






As the fashionable flock into The Big Apple to revel in Fashion Week, this NJ girl hopped a plane today to Columbus, Ohio for my own "Fashion Week" of sorts.
This week is the annual leadership conference for the Top 100 Stores in the company I work for.
We have all descended here to discuss what the remainder of the year will look like in the retail world - mainly, our retail world.

This is my first conference with this company, and from my understanding people buy and select specific wardrobes for this extravaganza.
My motto has always been to mix a little "brand" or company goods with my own belongings so I don't end up looking like a carbon copy of someone else.

Faux pas run rampant at events like this!

To fly and head right into meet and greet I chose a navy silk military shirt and paired it with pleated slim leg gray trousers.
So right now.
I knew I was arriving to 90 degree temps here today, so an open toe snakeskin heel in gorgeous shades of gray did the trick.

Tomorrow? 70 degree temps equal a camel blazer and some olive green military pants.

Golly, I love fall!

silk military shirt: express
pleat frint trousers: loft
heels: michael kors
belt: ny&co

3 comments:

  1. You look chic and easy, yet easily work-appropriate. Have fun at your conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That conference sounds intriguing! You look perfectly suited for day one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa ~ Thanks! I am glad I wore that as my first outfit since I have seen about 25-30 women wearing it since!

    Pamela ~ These conferences are quite intriguing. Coming back to my room tonight and finding a free bag of clothing doesn't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.