Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Call Of The Wild






I have yet to meet a leopard print I didn't like.
So, once again, a new, little number bursts free of it's packaging in the stockroom and I instantly fall head over heels in love with it.
I only own one other leopard print top, a Dolce & Gabbana sexy, deep (really deep!) v-neck long sleeve.
Thus the chiffon, the girlish ruffles and flounce made this one all the more worth having.

In another Shopping The Closet moment, I remembered I owned these slim leg cargo trousers back in September when I was packing to go away.
Remembering them was like a huge A-ha moment as they were hanging forgotten in a vast sea of black trouserness.
In fact, when I purchased them, they were being sold by the company I was working for at the time, but I had not really noticed them until I saw this gorgeous blogger wearing them.
How could I not have noticed how great they were?
I tried them on my next day working and saw the potential instantly.
Novelty style pants like this have become my staple.
I actually purged 6 garbage bags full of clothing in August, and sadly, most of them contained dress pants.
After almost of year of toying with the idea of keeping only novelty trousers...and getting rid of all the old flares and bootcuts in various colors and patterns that I had amassed over the years has pared down my closet to some great essentials.
Besides, for close to 3 years now, typical trousers just feel so....wrong.
Give me slim, give me wide leg, or give me ummm....give me....
Ummm....more leopard prints???

top:express
pants: ny&co
shoes: baker's
bracelet: express
ring: vintage
earrings: anthro

3 comments:

  1. I love leopard too! I have been seeing it everywhere lately, so you are right on. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hate cargos, but the new slim ones are the tops! I have a pair I got in NYC that are totally rockin -- I wear them to work all the time, and they're also kind of like living in sweatpants! Anyway, leopard is awesome and this top is lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinsey ~ Thanks! Leopard is like black...it never really goes out of style, it just fades into the background now and again.

    Julia ~ It's true...the slim cargos are definitely the way to go. Oh, and I forgot to mention in my comment tonight on your blog that I think I thrifted the same exact skirt today! I just hope mine looks as good on as it does on you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.