Saturday, October 23, 2010

Femme Fatale









If anyone had told me a year ago that I would be wearing a skirt this short with thigh highs to work I would have scoffed in their face.
I probably would have had a good chuckle if they had also informed me that in the near future I would be working for a different company, one that was young, trendy and fun.

Perhaps it is because of that career change that I am being more daring than I have in over 5 years.
Wearing short skirts and with thigh highs!
Why, I haven't dared to wear something like that since high school!
When I ran around with multi colored, stick up in the air hair and garter belts and thigh highs outside my clothing.
You guys know...you've seen the pictures!
And while I am ever evolving in my personal sense of style, there are some things about me that will never change.
Like my current (re)obsession with the Velvet Underground & Nico.
I.cannot.stop.listening.to.them.
So bear with me as I bombard you with their music, their lyrics and song titles woven into my blog posts.
And as I weave my own way through the much navigated but never charted world of style.
Because a little change is always good, no?

blazer: knit, express
sweater: banana republic
skirt: target (clearance! $4.48!)
polka dot tights: jcrew
thigh highs: target (clearance! $3.50!)
boots: coach
ribbon necklace: jcrew
longer necklace: express
ring: vintage, inherited
sunglasses: adrienne vittadini
earrings: anthro

6 comments:

  1. Ah, your rocker roots are showing themselves again!

    I think you look great, and the BF blazers keeps it from looking like "too much." I dig the silhuoette too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfits and will be checking in a lot. By the way, love the video. I've been on my Bowie kick for a while now. Ah, the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a prime example of how to work this trend/style. You look AWESOME! You are rocking this look like no one's business.

    And I'm going to Target tomorrow to look for that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute combination! And I thought exactly the same thing as Lisa -- with the long blazer, the looks stays away from being too over the top. I love the mauvey-gray lace on the skirt. Very vintage chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You look like a secret agent, and I mean that in the best way possible! Seriously sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa ~ I know, I know, I can only hide it for so long and it's bound to rear it's punky head at some time or another!

    dcresider ~ Thanks for stopping by! Oh, do I love me some Bowie!!!!

    Pam ~ Thanks! Lace and polka dots just made so much sense to me....kind of like peanut butter and chocolate do....

    Jamie ~ The blazer definitely took it from looking age inappropriate to "I may be getting closer to 40, but I can still rock it." Plus, it hid my huge derriere and I really appreciate items that can do that sometimes...

    Amy ~ Like Inspector Gadget???? Maybe I should have worn a trench coat with this....welcome back to blog world btw, you were sorely missed! Especially by me!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.