Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Outfit Karma





Have you ever had an outfit or articles of clothing that brought you good luck?
And if so, what if they brought the same exact sort of good fortune each time you wore them?
I never dreamed it could even be remotely possible until yesterday.
I was off Tuesday and was on a mission thrifting for our Halloween costumes.
(This is a biggggg secret....but I will show you when the time comes!) 
I threw on these boyfriend jeans, stripe tee and ballerinas, headed out bright and early looking for these costume essentials.
Not only did I score the required items...I also found a delicious camel colored wool skirt in a fabulous mid length, an amazing plaid one, two great pairs of vintage sunglasses, and an amazingly gorgeous red and camel leather Dooney Bourke bag!
Once home, I remembered that last October I wore this exact same outfit (sans the trench jacket) thrifting and scored a wool, camel blazer and two (!) vintage Dooney bags!
How do I remember this?
Why, because it was on Halloween, and it was pretty crispy out so I threw the camel blazer right over my outfit to wear trick or treating with my bestest girl!


Uncanny right?
Does this mean that everytime I wear these articles of clothing thrifting I am guaranteed a new Dooney bag and some wonderful item in one of my favorite shades (camel,duh!) ever?
Oh goodness I hope so!

trench & jeans: ny&co
tee: limited
ballerinas: enzo angiolini
sunglasses: banana republic
camel blazer: vintage evan piccone

4 comments:

  1. Good luck outfit, huh? Can I borrow it and go buy a lottery ticket?? :)

    I had a top that brought bad luck and eventually I threw it out. I wasn't willing to risk passing any of that type of karma onto anyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the top comes through under the jacket. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really love your blog. I have bookmarked this page so I can come back again to check it out. I love information sunglasses, I collect them. I just hope you keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela ~ Yes, I like to think I will score amazing camel colored items and Dooney bags every single time I wear it. Truthfully, nothing gets me more excited than finding great vintage Dooney and Lord knows I can never say no to anything camel!

    Kinsey ~ Thanks! It was a bit chilly out that morning so I needed to extra layer. I knew it was going to warm up enough that the camel blazer would be too hot so I agree that the trench worked out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.