Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shopping Your Closet: From Ad To Had!

Have you ever seen an amazingly styled ensemble, and realized that you might not own those exact pieces, but you could put that same look together with items you already have?
I realized this the other night when I received this email from Madewell:

I remembered this navy blue dress from JCrew a few seasons ago and an outfit was born.
As well as a new feature for this blog!



Shopping Your Closet
From Ad to Had

I would love to make this a weekly feature.
And I would love more than anything to spotlight you, my readers, and how you were inspired to replicate a great outfit you saw online, in print, wherever!

Interested?
Send me a photo of your inspiration picture and a pic of how you rocked the look after
 Shopping Your Closet
Send to:

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

dress: jcrew
plaid shirt: thrifted
scarf: ?
belt: express
knee socks: target
boots: style&co
headband: loft
earrings: vintage, thrifted

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I am a frequent Madewell shopper and recently got this email as well. I think you did such a great job recreating the look, but tweaking it just enough to make it your own. If I could I'd recreate most of the looks all the time, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job recreating this look on your own terms!!!

    What a fun feature. I'm forever getting ideas from magazines and catalogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a reader feature -- and a great excuse for me to peruse ads even more than I already do!

    Love the plaid shirt under your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I love it! That's so awesome that you already had the items in your possession, too! I actually like your darker version of that look better too, teehehe! And I have an outfit to emulate in mind, but I'm afraid I don't have the original picture anymore! Must find old J.Crew catalogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that outfit but boo hoo I don't have any of the pieces in my wardrobe.

    Love hearing Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh totally stealing this. fo sho! You rocked this look. I have a few of those work dresses and I love the idea of the tie aswell.
    I can't wait to try this. thank you Eleanor! you rocked this look.
    (are u stuck taking pictures indoors too with these short days?)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.