Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 11, 1973


On November 11, 1973 my Dad was supposed to march in a Veteran's Day parade with the Coast Guard.
His plans changed last minute because I decided to be born.



Not only was I the first child my parents had, I was also the first grandchild on my maternal side.
Spoiled.

Extremely extroverted and slightly bossy,

My siblings did whatever I told them to do.

But I loved them even more for it.
I have been through many, many changes in the past 37 years.
And done so many things I never dreamed I would.
Now I wear so many different hats it is sometimes hard to keep track of them all.

Wife.


Mother.

Daughter.



Sister.

Sister in law.

Friend.

Auntie.
Neighbor.

Cousin.
Well, you get the idea.

This life may sometimes be crazy, but I am so lucky to have it!

13 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Eleanor!!!
    Isn't life great? :) (it is despite all the complaining i do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Eleanor! This was a wonderful post and I really enjoyed looking at all of the people you are close to in your life. And how about that picture of your momma holding you? I can see where you got your awesome sense of style from! Have another great year, and I hope that your week gets better so that you won't have to crawl through the mystery door in my office building! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Eleanor!!! You are still looking FABULOUS!!! Thank you for sharing all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday my gorgeous friend! I hope you had a fabulous day, you deserve it!
    Xxxooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot one...style inspiration and blogging buddy!

    Um, I guess that's really two...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Eleanor! So glad I found your blog, your posts are always so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Eleanor!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pics hope you had a good day and hope you have an even better night ! xoxoxoNeenie = )

    ReplyDelete
  9. To My Darling Daughter,
    That day was a spectacular day, one of the best in my life. What a privilege to be the one to see you take your first breath, see your first smile. I am most grateful for the honor I was given.
    Love
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Eleanor. It is so inspiring that you have enjoyed so many amazing experiences in your life.

    Thanks so much for your recent comment on my blog. Want to know what's really uncanny? Even though I live in north NJ, I actually work pretty close to the sculpture garden as well -- I have a feeling we might be just a few miles away from each other! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Everyone for all the warm wishes!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday EL!!! I love you so very much and I am honored and blessed to call you sister:)
    Love you,
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm an occasional lurker as I just peruse a variety of blogs..here and there...one leading to another. You prob know how it is!

    Anyway, I had to comment on your dear mom's comment. I am crying and I don't even know either one of you! So special.
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.