Friday, November 12, 2010

Shopping Your Closet: From Ad To Had!

I fell in love with this look from Anthropologie as soon as I saw it.
I blogged about it here and my friend Pamela said that she could totally see me wearing this.
Truth be told, I am scared silly of maxi dresses since I am so short that I am oft mistaken for a long lost Roloff sibling.
(Which, by the way is one of my favorite shows and I would love to live with the Roloff's...except that Matt would probably drive me crazy!)
I know not every style looks good on every body, so I have always just had the mind set that long + me = major fashion blunder.
That being said, I stalk Merl's lookbook almost daily salivating at the mouth over this maxi dress and terrified to pull the trigger.
Although I desparately want it.
Like NOW.
When I found this black maxi dress by Talbots while thrifting for a mere $6 I was willing to take the chance.
I mean, I could at least get some decent blog pictures out of it right?
So here it is, From Ad to Had!








I wore a thrifted 80's Sasson jacket with an old New York & Company scarf and an Express belt.

What do you think?
Are me and maxi's like peas and carrots?
Or oil and water?
And more importantly, should I buy Merl's dress?
I really, really want to own it.


6 comments:

  1. I KNEW you would rock this look. It looks awesome on you. The proportions are perfect. I think the vintage maxi you linked to is really pretty, too. This is one of my favorite looks from you. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela ~ Thanks!
    I am so in love with Merl's dress I cannot even begin to describe how much.
    So if I continue to get the Yay! on maxi dressing then I think I just might buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look good in a maxi dress! The Merl dress is not my cup of tea, but if you've been stalking it on a daily basis, then I think you need to have ti grace your body at least once! If you end up not feeling it, you could always sell it on your own! And if you end up loving it, then you get to keep it, which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of this... the long dress, the belt, the scarf and the jacket. Autumn perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely pulled off the maxi dress. I have been wanting to try a maxi dress, as well, but haven't quite gotten to it. Great job interpreting the ad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think it's great, eleanor! well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.