Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Good Old Fashioned Family Christmas!

This Christmas turned out to be the most magical in years.
My entire immediate family made last minute decisions (perhaps they read my Christmas missives???) that we should be together so my mom and grandpa, sister, brother in law and their daughter, and the eldest of my two brothers and his fiancee all came in to spend the holiday.
Mom and Pops from North Carolina, my sister from Virginia, and my brother from the far reaches of NJ. My youngest brother lives in the same town as me, so Voila!
We were all to be together!

Of course, my house was where everyone was staying,and when I started to count heads, it quickly dawned on me what tight quarters we would be living in.
In fact, I realized my home would be just like the home in my all time favorite holiday movie:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

When I thought on it some more, I even realized that we each resembled the characters of this film.
In one way or another.
And in some cases almost flawlessly.

So I give you, our version of the Griswold Family Christmas....a good ole fashioned family Christmas indeed!



Of course the hubs and I starring as Clark and Ellen


My son and daughter make a great Rusty and Audrey...
Although their ages are reversed.
But considering they used different kids for every National Lampoon movie,
it doesn't matter really does it???







"I don't know Margo..." my brother and his fiancee make a perfect Todd and Margo!
As my son said, they are so physically fit and have no kids or pets.
And most definitely today's version of Yuppies!

 


If anyone could be Cousin Eddie...it would be my brother Chris.
He's so silly and funny without even trying.
One Halloween he trick or treated with my kids wearing a mullet and a fat suit.
People weren't sure if he was dressed up, since he was in "character" all.night.long.

And my sister in law having red hair and being the quiet type?
The quintessential Catherine!







Mom, Pops, my sister and brother in law?
The Grandparents.
No explanations needed here.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you were all able to be together! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas indeed. I have been in CA since the 20th, so I am completely missing the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post! National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is one of my favorite movies, too, and I love the take on your family. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Love this. My hubby and I always say we are probably the Todd and Margo... yikes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.