Monday, December 27, 2010

Let The Winter Games Begin!

I thought my first post for after the holiday would be a holiday "recap", but considering we got almost 2 feet of snow in the past 24 hours, I decided instead to show the latest round of Snowpacolypse.
We are still waiting for our little cul de sac to be plowed and it took 3 hours for us to clear our driveway and front walkway.
It took only a split second though for me to smack myself in the mouth with my snow shovel, resulting in a fat, fat lip and a nasty bruise on my face right under my lower lip.
I also accidentally hit the big dog with my shovel when he walked past as I was heave-ho-ing a big shovelful!
Poor baby!
The hubs asked what the hell was wrong with me and all I can think was that I was outside in the bitter cold way too long??? Brain Freeze???


had to shovel a path for the dogs to get outside!






my mom helping my daughter out of the snow bank she got stuck in!


let me say this, while I adore finding a great pair of vintage ysl heels, and dream of owning an hermes kelly bag, i married a fisherman who shovels snow in his camoflauge waders while wearing his snowboarding goggles.
and that is all i have to say about that.

8 comments:

  1. Happy holidays, Eleanor! I am laughing at your post and pics because we're going through the same thing right now in NY and I spent the day shoveling - and using "snowpocalypse" to describe my predicament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the snowpocalypse passed up completely. I'm in DC and we on .5". Ohhh!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa ~ We got walloped, eh? I bet you can't wait to be back in Atl?!

    dcresider ~ I know you guys lucked out! We Skyped with my aunt in NOVA on Christmas night and she was saying east of 95 was doomed but you guys should luck out! And boy did you!

    A Loopy Life ~ Merry Christmas to you as well!

    Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures. I did hear about some areas getting really snowed in. At least you guys are making the most out of the snowy situation and are having fun. happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow!! Looks like so much fun! Cold freezing fun :D
    Xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you got so much snow! The pics truly are amazing though -- especially the car one with the license plate peeking out. Your daughter and dog both looked like they really enjoyed the snow. So precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CRAZY!!!! I live in Arizona, so needless to say- it was 75 degrees on Christmas.

    It was a chilly 49 degrees here today (rare) and we were all acting like the world was ending, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.