Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Art Of The Layer






You all already know how much I love to layer which makes this time of year so much more enjoyable for me, as I can just wear item on top of item on top of...well, you get the idea!

Some things just sort of make sense together.
I loved how this striped tissue turtleneck brought down the formality of a silk beaded cami.
But it still looked like it was missing something.
I knew it would have looked best with my brown suede knee highs, but as it was snowing, that wasn't happening.
But besides even that, it needed just one extra touch...and the fur vest filled that void completely.
Voila!
Casual and fun and layered to the hilt!

On an unrelated note, Happy Birthday to my soon~to~be sister in law Katie!
Besides the love we share for this fella:



We are also sharing birthdays this year that are all 1's.
1/11/11
&
11/11/11

Freaky, huh?

Happy Birthday Katie!
I love you!!!


fur vest: from the girl's dept @ jcpenney
silk cami: jcrew
tissue turtleneck: jcrew
jeans: express
boots: coach

3 comments:

  1. Um wow! What are you planning for 11/11/11. You better have some major cool trip or party in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly a layering aficionado, and you wear stripes so well. I definitely need to work on incorporating more stripes into my wardrobe, since they are such a classic staple. And the drawstring ties at the back of your boots are such a fun detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so wonderfully snuggly! And for all that layering, you still manage to look nice and streamlined, which is an amazing feat! And happy birthday to your future sister in law! That is so crazy about your birthday dates too...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.