Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Outfit Auditions








By the time you read this, I'll be back in Ohio for the remainder of the week.
Packing to attend a work related event is stressful.
But truth be told, for such a clothes horse as myself, it is stress of the friendliest kind.
I liken it to what packing for Fashion Week must be like for those that must travel into NYC to attend.
Working for such a major fashion brand means that everyone will be dressed to the 9's, head to toe in company attire.
Kind of like celebrities do when attending a designer event a la Camilla Belle @ Gucci:

picture from Style.com

Head to toe in Gucci.
And she looks fab.
Not always the case at work events regarding the head to toe look.
No one should be dressed like the mannequins.
While I incorporate some brand items into almost everything I wear on a daily basis, coming up with A~mazing ensembles whilst actually calculating how much brand you are wearing = stress.
What I am driving at is that it is the actual thinking about how much "brand" you have on is what takes it to a whole other level.
That and, "what will it look like to be sitting in all day?"
"Is this statement necklace enough brand with this outfit?"
"What if I succumb to the carbohydrate assault outside the meeting room doors at every break...will I feel uncomfortable in this?"
Oh, these thoughts that torment the soul!

Since we are carrying full on spring styles currently, and yet the weather informs us it is still winter added a whole other challenge yet.
Sport some of the spring line, but try not to look like an ill~equipped arse.

It is all too much to handle.
So outfit auditions were on the agenda for today.

the items?
can you guys just wait until i wear them?
that's a long list to itemize and type...







3 comments:

  1. Oooo, the clothes shots look lovely. I can't even imagine what it must be like to put together outfits when you work in fashion and clothing -- I have enough trouble getting dressed already!

    I especially love the touches of animal print you have going on. You are going to look sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You'll look fabulous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great trip, Eleanor. I think you packed perfectly for the trip! I've sometimes thought that I would enjoy working for a fashion magazine...but then I realized how stressful it would be to get dressed for work every morning -- not to mention, how impossible to stay on budget!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.