Saturday, February 12, 2011

With A Dot Dot Here And A Dot Dot There...

If you follow me on Twitter, than you know that last weekend started with a visit to the doctor and a diagnosis of strep throat and an ear infection for my little Noodle of a daughter.
(not a happy camper)

Luckily, by Sunday night she was feeling better.
And it was the Superbowl, so we had plenty of this:

(my new favorite beer!)

And plenty of this:

(which is partly why I am on a strict diet regime right now)

Things had finally started to seem like they were back to normal.
How did I know my daughter was feeling better?
Well, she and Winnie had a little wrestling session fighting over a blow up hammer, that's how!

(fyi, Winnie won)

Well,  exactly one week later, we have started our weekend out in exactly the same way:

(Yikes, right?)

My poor daughter broke out in a severe rash as a result of taking amoxicillin!
Who knew?
And yes, the rash can begin 7-8 days after they have been taking the medicine!
She looks worse than she feels actually, and with somewhat warmer temps this morning we wanted to take Winnie for her first walk on a leash so my daughter begged and begged to join us.
How could I say no to that face???




(she kept her hood up so people couldn't see her face!)

After that we went to see the doctor of course, since my diagnosis was simply based on google search results.
They agreed it was definitely a reaction to the amoxicillin so my poor little girl is on Benadryl every 6 hours.
The rash actually starts out as single red bumps all over the torso and face and then they blend together and now encompass her whole body.
Feet included.


And yes, it's itchy.



2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little girl! Spots and all! Hope she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor little girl. I hope she's on the mend. I was allergic to amoxicillin as a child. It's been so long since I had it that I'm not sure what sort of reaction it causes in me -- but I'm almost certain it wasn't as extensive as your daughter's. How uncomfortable!

    BTW, the Halson blouse in your previous post is so wonderful. Every once in a while I'll stumble across some Halston at the thrift store. Haven't found anything in my size yet, but someday...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.