Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Au Natural







Surprised, are you?
This is my hair in it's natural state.
If you follow me on Twitter, you got a sneak peek yesterday at this madness.
And if you don't follow me on Twitter, then you now see why it takes me almost an hour to blow out my hair.

The hubs sometimes refers to it as my "lion's mane", but I prefer to think of it as my ode to the metal bands of a bygone era.
I'm not sure if it I'm more suited to be the silent member of either Whitesnake or Poison.
 Regardless, my penchant for the 80's is also probably what made me grab these big black and gold directly from the 80's earrings while thrifting last week.
Although I don't have a penchant for 80's hair bands.
Never did.
Unless you count that "Final Countdown" song.
But that's just because they used to play it at the roller rink.

hair: my own, crazy isn't it?
sweater: rafaella
blazer: ny&co
wide leg trousers: limited
lace up booties: nine west
80's earrings: vintage, thrifted

10 comments:

  1. Brett Michaels is soooooo jealous of you right now :)

    I love your hair like this. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.
    Because I don't have to wear a bandana.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair au natural. It's gorgeous! My hair is so stick straight that it's scary. My stylist tsk-tsks every time she sees the damage I've done by trying to put some curl into it.

    And the stripes on your sweater are a wonderful mix of colors. I don't often seen brown stripes in stores, so this is a nice change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Of course, I'm partial. My son often draws me with a big curly ball of hair on my head. Great trousers! How about Twisted Sister? Dee Snyder had wavy blond hair. How about Skid Row? Nelson? They had long straight blond hair. I'm dating myself.

    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO jealous of your beautiful hair!!! I can imagine it takes forever but coming from someone with the straightest, thinnest most blah hair ever... I have a hair crush on you right now.

    Plus- LOVE the outfit, so classic and just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! My hair is similar when long... not QUITE as big. You need to wear your hair like this more often, it's amazing. very carrie bradshaw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sexy sexy beach waves. Love it. But I know your dilemma. My hair is also wavy curly if I don't blow dry it or try to smooth the curls with a curling iron. But yours looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, firstly: your hair is fabulous! i'm so so jealous of ladies with big hair--i have to tease the crap out of mine to prevent it from falling flat (since it's so heavy). bah, love it.

    also, LOVE your outfit!! the colors are incredible and each piece is so classic! the navy blazer looks amazing with the two-tone brown stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is FAB...mine is wavy/curly naturally as well...VERY rarely wear it that way..usually pulled back in bun, which defeats purpose of long hair, but I am literally LOST without my hair.
    Anyway..on to outfit. LOVE those PANTS! I have blogged about the LIMITED before...they really have stepped it up lately...have to stop in soon.
    Great outfit.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore those pants, very Katherine Hepburn. It's stripe week next week- you should wear that again!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Otis and James accessory giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.