Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Change of Plans


Friday night I decided to start phasing my closet.
As I begin to acquire new items for an upcoming season, I find myself packing away items that seem "too heavy" or "too light" before official season's end.
With temperatures in the 50's and 60's pretty consistently the past few weeks, all of my wool jackets and blazers and pants seem like just way too much.
And anything with ruffles was packed away as well.
After season after season of ruffle after ruffle I am looking forward to moving on this spring.
I guess you could say I am ruffled out.
That's why this wool ruffle jacket from JCrew was a prime candidate for the pack up, but something held me back and I left it hanging on the closet doorknob.
I think it was the color that made me pause.
Or perhaps the fact that while it is too warm for a heavy winter coat, it is still too cool to not wear some kind of outer layer.
One last wear of ruffle and wool because this girl's movin' on!

jacket: jcrew
button up: jcrew
elongated tank: ny&co (i have seriously been buying these in every color...love them!)
jeans: modern boyfriend new! express
ballet flats: baker's
sunglasses: banana republic

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about being ruffled out. But the color of that little jacket makes it such a perfect piece to transition into Spring. I remember this jacket. The weight is good to keep the chill off, but the coral/pink (dare I say Honeysuckle??) color is just springy and fun. I would like to find a lipstick in this color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a new follower too! So nice to meet a fellow jersey shore gal...what area?
    I love this outfit...layering is my fav right now...
    I went through so many old posts..(which I never do:) Love your style...love your blog! I will be back for sure.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK..I had more time this afternoon and finally got to read through your entire blog...like almost literally, lol.
    Love love love it!
    You are one stylish chica!
    I am curious where you thrift? I noticed you had vintage finds in some of your outfit posts...i am not a huge vintage clothing wearer, BUT I love vintage jewelry and would love to find a resource around here...although I have vacationed here my entire life, living full time at the shore for less than two years...still making my discoveries.
    Message me if you get a sec...in between the kiddies, job, hubs and life, lol.
    carly@thirtysomethingfashion.com
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get enough of your jacket, I love it! The colour is perfect for spring and the ruffles are so pretty :)

    Take care!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.