Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Time Is Running Out!



I know you are just as over winter clothing as I am, but I have a new reason to want the chill to linger a little bit longer.

It was late at night when I arrived home from my last trip to Ohio dragging my luggage into the house behind me.
Flight delays, flying on a 3 seater jet in 40-50 mile an hour winds, 3 days of meetings with minimal downtime, and tossing and turning all night in that godforsaken hotel bed had taken it's toll on me. 
Cranky.
Imagine how swiftly my mood changed though when I spied a package patiently sitting on the kitchen counter awaiting my return.
It was a boy's vintage wool pullover that I ordered from Christina, who not only has an Etsy shop, but also writes a fabulous blog called  Second Skin Style.

It was a stroke of good luck that temperatures plummeted that very night so I could wear it the following day.
White button up, skinny jeans and cognac suede knee high boots created the perfect blend of comfy chic.

Last Friday it was chilly enough to be worn again with a blue and white pinstriped button up, a modern boyfriend jean and some slouchy ankle boots.

Mother Nature, you can keep it chilly a wee bit longer.
I'm not ready to pack this one away yet.

vintage pull over: second skin style
button up: men's~gap
modern boyfriend jeans: express
boots: baker's
sunglasses: banana republic



4 comments:

  1. cozy!!! I definately see how wearing that pullover makes dealing with the winter temps a bit easier! I know I'm going to kick myself for saying this, but I'm looking forward to daylight savings--not for the loss of an hour of sleep, but for longer days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's so cute!! What a find. I'm also looking forward to daylight savings. Just this morning I was thinking ahead to sunsets at 8p.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this outfit looks great, i love christina and was lucky enough to actually meet her a few weeks ago [she's just as you would expect her - just as awesome]
    Great pull over, just in time for st patrick's day, no? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.