Tuesday, March 22, 2011

When The Thrifting Gods Smile

I'm not lying when I tell you I drove to the thrift store today to drop off two bags of clothing.
Once there, I decided to have a poke around, even though I skipped thrifting last week and had initially intended to do the same.
I had promised myself that the only things I would purchase were ones I knew I could never live without and not be seduced by thrift store prices.
The first treasure I found was this vintage linen jacket in the most gorgeous blue.
The lining has an amazing pattern, almost ikat~ish!
Only $6.00!



I then headed over to handbags and lost my breath when I saw the magical "F" of Fendi dangling behind some cheap, faux leather bags.
I snatched it up immediately after a quick inspection to see if it seemed authentic.
Upon first glances it looked promising, but a find like this, you NEVER LET OUT OF YOUR CLUTCHES!
And I'm not referring to those adorable flat, handheld bags that I happen to be loving right now.
I mean your grubby paws.
You must hang on to it til the moment of truth at the register when you decided to buy it or not.
The bag was priced at $7.00!


Moving on, a gorgeous yellow and navy striping caught my eye.


A JCrew tote bag!
New with tags!
Only $4.00!
mineminemineminemineminemineminemine....

I checked out the skirts next... 


and scored this perfect fitting mid length skirt in a gorgeous shade of red.
Oh, the blue stripes I can wear with you....
Only $2.50!

Dresses come next, and I always take a peek at the "fancy" dress section.
Those of you that have been around here for a while know how much I love finding myself a Dynasty~ish or Dallas~y style 80's dress!



Mid length with such a relaxed, slouchy 70's vibe to it.
I would have worn  this to Studio 54 back in the day had I not been born too late...
I made my way to the fitting room with the sole intent of turning the Fendi bag inside out to see if I can authenticate it.
Serial number?
Found it!
Logo embossed?
Yes!
I found enough positive things to make the purchase and further investigate once home.

I love a day like this!


7 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!!! What amazing finds.

    I can't wait to see how you make all of these items into fabulous outfits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER LIKE BUTTON! (If this was FaceBook - and there was a SUPER LIKE BUTTON).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!
    Push Up Bra

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEALOUS!
    I feel silly for bragging about my lamps and necklaces...a TRUE vintage Fendi...my goodness...now dish, which spot was this? I went to second time around....I guess I really need to hit the others.
    That black dress is to DIE for.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds, top to bottom. It certainly sounds like your Fendi is the real deal. I can see everything working so well in your closet -- especially the teal jacket! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finds, i especially love that nautical tote and the skirt. Aren't thrift stores amazing? they make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.