Monday, March 7, 2011

You're The Apple Of My Eye

Since the start of school, my daughter waits patiently for each Friday to roll around to see if her teacher selects her as the "Apple of the Week".
Two Fridays ago she came rushing out of school elated that she had finally been picked!
As Apple of the Week, she brought home the class bear whom she gets to name and spend the weekend with all while chronicling their adventures in the class journal.
We took "Puddles" on our family walk Saturday morning.

She brought Puddles along while her big brother practiced driving on Sunday.

On more walks...(seriously, I am the proudest Mama over my Winnie too! Look at that face!)
and then the following Friday she gets to have a special guest come to her classroom and read her favorite story to her class.
Guess who she picked?
Me!!!
Friday afternoon I arrived at her school with a little treat I made for her class.

"Apple" cupcakes for the Apple of my Eye!
I read the story, she read the class her journal of adventures, and then we passed out the cupcakes to her class.
One of the boys in her class asked me if my cupcakes were homemade.
When I said yes he hugged me.
Second graders can still be pretty cute sometimes!
After school I thought it would be fun if we ladies hit the mall.

A little shopping, some pretzels and lemonade completed our special day perfectly!

4 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet story. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! what a sweet child! Sounds like the two of you had a fabulous day at her school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day! I'm sure it is a memory that will be cherished by both of you for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.