Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chanel On The Cheap








We are clear on how much I am loving silk scarves right now, right?
I have had them in my wardrobe since my teens, as I inherited a few of my mom's 70's ones.
But this little gem?
I thrifted it a few weeks back.
For $1.
I know you're jealous.
And I don't blame you.
Besides being Chanel, it is in fantastic "of the moment" colors.

Wednesday was a true shopping the closet moment since the twill blazer was purchased back in '07 (and the tags just came off it last spring) and my top is really a shift dress (there was quite a bit to tuck in, not gonna lie ~ thank goodness the blazer hid the "ledge" of fabric stuffed in my pants!) that I actually wore here.
With a blazer nonetheless!
Funny how that happens.

blazer: ny&co
dress as shirt: ny&co
cropped flare jeans: express
belt: jcrew
heels: nine west
scarf: chanel
handbag: coach
bracelets: jcrew & express
watch: citizen
ring: jcrew
sunglasses: banana republic
p.s. did the cute puppy pic make you swoon? isn't she friggin adorable?

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors.

    xo thefashionguitar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that is a major thrifting score - woo hoo! I love how you always look so cas/edge/chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. total scarf envy...I love a great silk designer scarf...you hit the mother load! One dollar... Jealous.
    Hope you are having a great week:)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. $1?! Holy moses that was a good find!! Love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a gorgeous scarf. Are you sure it is true Chanel? For $1, I would be suspicious.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scarf! I, too, have had scarves in my wardrobe for years... doesn't it just give an outfit a classy finish? I always get compliments when I wear a scarf. you look great - colors are fantastic and I love nude pumps! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness -- my first reaction when I saw your pictures was to gasp at all those colors in your scarf. And then to read that it is Chanel -- and $1? Too good to be true!

    I am just catching up on blogging. How ingenious that you did an entire week of blazers! I am a blazer believer as well! My thrift stores always seem to have them in ample supply, in brands that fit me well but that would typically be a bit out of my price range. And you know what's great? They really are adaptable to all styles. I noticed that you frequently rock blazers with pants, whereas I tend to wear mine with skirts -- and the blazers work equally well with both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are my new hero... chanel for $1? amazing! And then you tucked in a dress and wore it as a shirt... love!

    looking forward to following your blog!

    Jenn
    www.flowercityfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.