Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Entrenched






I realized this spring that I do not own a "normal" a.k.a. classic trench coat.
I have a cropped khaki one.
I have a shorter cream colored one.
But as far as the classic trench?
Nope.
I have been searching relentlessly for one to meet my specs and have failed miserably.
I either don't like the fabric, there is just something off, or I am not willing to pay the price (the JCrew Collection one I tried on was A~mazing for $300 but it's too bad I have some kid's college education to help pay for in 2 more years!)

Enter The Limited.
I was a big, big fan of The Limited a while back, but haven't shopped there in well over a year.
I heard about the Friends & Family 40% off they were having a few weeks back and decided to see if they had a reasonably priced trench.
They had a few actually, but once I laid eyes on this one, with it's very subtle hint of blush pink, I was sold.
Leopard lining inside...darling!
I finally own the perfect, classic trench for well under $100!
It may not be khaki, but who says I'm a conformist?

trench: limited
blouse: f21
jeans: express
heels: target
earrings: old limited
ring: jcrew



11 comments:

  1. That is the perfect trench! I need to head over there and see if there are any left! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfit! I really love your top <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never realized it before but I don't own a classic trench either - short black, grey-plaid... nothing long and neutral though - new mission, found.

    Yours is wonderful, it gives me something to shoot for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those saucy shoes girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your coat! Love your shirt too...great colors on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really would like to see the inside of the trench, looks gorgeous!! oh everybody should have a fabulous trench

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely ensemble!! ahhh! so fun. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous look. And totally love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is PERFECT!
    I recently reconnected with The Limited and have been really pleased with their selection...they do some designer collaborations that i love..most recently with Jodi Arnold. I have blogged a few times about how they are "stepping up" their game for sure.
    Glad you got the friends and family..that always sweetens the deal.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, I used to have a classic trench, but it's since become too small for me. Boo... I love the fact that yours has leopard lining and just a hint of pink, though. It's so classic, yet so you. This entire outfit is pretty fierce -- I think the earrings really tie it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the leopard lining as well. Trench coats make my feel lady like and timeless in an instant!

    http://thisredheadsaid.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.