Monday, April 4, 2011

Opposites Attract



Sunday morning we went on a journey into the nether~reaches of North Jersey to stop at Ikea and meet up with my brother for some lunch.
It was warmer and sunnier than it has been here lately, but wearing open toe shoes was pushing the envelope a bit since the biting wind reminded us that we are not quite there yet.

We are redecorating my daughters bedroom this week into next weekend, i.e. a complete overhaul, which means new furniture for her as well.
She has a gorgeous sleigh bed with trundle that we bought for her from Pottery Barn Kids when she graduated from her crib and she actually complains about it.
She says she doesn't "like" it and wants a different style bed.
Too bad she's stuck with it until kingdom come.
To keep my sanity (and peace in the household), the hubs suggested we just hit up Ikea for some of the other pieces she needs.
This way, when she inevitably complains about them someday it won't bother me so much.
It's quite simple actually, less $ invested = less aggravation = he's a genius!
How did I get so lucky?

Speaking of lucky, today is my husband's birthday!




Charlie,
Besides being an amazing father, my best friend, and the love of my life, I am truly the luckiest girl EVER because I get to spend the rest of my life with you.
Your patience, love and understanding never cease to amaze me and I wish I could have even half of the great qualities you possess.
You make me want to be a better person and you have made me never want to spend a second of this life without you.
Happy Birthday!
I love you with all my heart,
Ellie

blazer: jcrew
silk blouse & jeans: express
silk scarf: old banana republic
shoes: target








7 comments:

  1. so sweet!! He's so handsome! You guys are a beautiful couple :) And I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a darling note to your husband. You are certainly a lucky lady. And he's pretty lucky himself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubs! What a lovely tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this outfit and especially those shoes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one gorgeous couple! Happy birthday to your hubs. I hope you both had a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a touching note to your hubs...love it. I feel the same way about my guy...how are we so lucky?
    Love the outfit...as usual...I am SUCH a sucker for a great scarf.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this look, esp that amaaazing scarf! you are beautiful. happy to have found you through "clyde's rebirth"! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.