Friday, April 15, 2011

Shopping The Closet: I've Got The Blues






Who's that girl wearing the same jeans for the second time this week?
Truth be told, I had a cropped jean on first, but with a cropped jacket?
Not so much.

Can I tell you how many times I have almost thrown out this floral printed top?
I have had it for years and years and yet can only remember wearing it once out to dinner with my mom in North Carolina in 2007.
Yes.
It's that old.
Each spring/summer season rolls around and I find myself clutching it to my chest and shifting my eyes back and forth between the donate pile and the keep pile.
Keepchuckkeepchuckkeepchuck....
Yet I always seem to keep it and still never wear it.

Thank goodness I thrifted this little blue jacket a few weeks back!
When they found each other, it was as if the heavens opened up and the angels began to sing.
A heavenly light shone down on the top illuminating it in soft golden rays of sunshine and reminded me how very clever I can be sometimes.
Because I kept it.
Though,I did have to run and grab the layering tank out of a donation bag I am currently assembling.

And the flower pins?
I have been randomly collecting them for over 6 years and these two I wore the heck out of in early 2009.

See?
Sometimes I really can shop my own closet!

jacket: vintage, thrifted
top & earrings: limited
tank: ny & co
jeans: express
heels: nine west
bracelets: jcrew & express
ring: express
sunglasses: banana republic
flower pins: ny & co

p.s. I was laughing so hard while taking these pictures because my daughter was outside saying the craziest things to our dog Winnie.
It was hard to keep a straight face!






15 comments:

  1. I love the blue in this outfit :)

    chloe-mia.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that color looks amazing on you. i love the combination with the big yellow flower, so fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. out w mom in North Carolina? Do we have even MORE in common...I went to Elon in NC for College...do you vacation there or what???

    Love you in turquoise...and the flower pins...genius touch.
    Hope you are enjoying this shitty rainy weekend....i have caught up on movies....
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blues... and the yellow is my new "go to" color. You look great and wearing the same thing twice in a week is very acceptable in my world! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the blues. I always get giddy with excitement when I find great things at the thrift store. The flower pin is the perfect addition to the jacket as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! love the pop of blue! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blazer is so beautiful! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look, I love your jeans :) & i'm now following by the way, your writing style is great :) I look forward to seeing the rest of your posts, keep it up :)



    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your lovely comment :)

    I love all the colours here. Nice look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this E! I am especially digging the flower pins...they add the perfect amount of pizazz to the outfit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! That shade of blue looks so beautiful on you! Love the big yellow flower for spring! Too cute :)


    Stop by again soon!! xoxo!
    http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots of color! Love the blue on blue shades and the slight moment of mustard for the break...You look super spring ready :D

    Btw, Haute Khuuture just turned 1 and I'm hosting a HUGE giveaway in honour of the birthday...pls stop by when you get the chance :D

    Happy Monday!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow -- I really love this outfit. I would wear it in a heartbeat (it's a good thing I don't know where you live, or else I might be tempted to come and raid your closet). The color looks fantastic on you. Good thing you held onto that tank! Carol of In Pursuit of Pretty Things recently posted about a skirt she hadn't worn for many, many years. It looks like it really pays to hold onto items for future wearing!

    And I love your new light pink trench. I think it's a great take on the classic, in a much prettier color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for checking out my blog! Love this outfit! I see you're a jersey girl... me too! Only right now I'm living in Rochester and thankfully vacationing in Florida bc the weather is TERRIBLE up there. Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.